Bloggedy Blog

14.12.05

So here I am back at the good ol' Bloggedy Blog once more. It has been a while since I posted anything on here. The reason for this as you might be able to tell is that I started a new job working for the same company as Beth does. Right now I am basically a helper on routes on their heavier days but currently helping out on a route where the driver quit so its me and one of the management team running the route. Days are long and tiring but I get Wednesdays off, hence the posting today, and my weekends are free. The pay is very good all things considering. I am working my way to running a route myself but that probably won't happen for another 4-6 months.

In 2 days time Schmunk and his lovely wife will be coming into Calgary for a visit on their way to Creston for the Christmas Holidays. I wasn't able to spend as much time with them as I would have liked to when I was home over the summer and can't wait to see them.

As you are probably hearing as you read this I have changed the video on the blog to Tenacious D video. Jack Black kills me!! Great comedian and a good actor. Really liked him in Envy with Ben Stiller. If you haven't seen this flick pick it up the next time you're at the video store.

I have started up a D&D game with Zibby and Clawmonkey as the players. It is basically just a dungeon crawl type a game with them finishing off the first mission last night. Before you ask and wonder, no I didn't kill them off in the first 5 min nor did I kill them at all during the entire mission. There was that time that Nox (Zibby) fell into the minus' but he was revived so that doesn't really count. As I said above Zibby is playing Nox, an elven mage/thief and Clawmonkey is playing Dirka, a dwarven fighter/cleric. I guess they thought it was good to have all their bases covered.
The first mission had them recovering a stolen helm for a local noble who paid them handsomely for their work. They found the hideout of the thief and had to battle their way through a contingent of undead. At the end of the journey they fought and bested a Necromancer of minor power. The reaped the rewards of battle and returned the helm to its rightful owner. Who knows what is in store for them on their next mission.

I have been playing Battlefield 2: Modern Combat quite a bit lately online. It is a good game with lots of action and with five different combat troops the play. Lots of fun especially when you can hook up with your friends. Zib you need to get that next medal so we can play ranked games online.

To those that I won't see over the Holidays, Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year. I can hardly believe that the year is almost over already.

Later.

2 Comments:

  • Tenacious D is awesome. Did you know? I noticed Ben Stiller in the video. He made a cameo. cool! never saw that before. I was too busy rockin out. After all it is the greatest song in the world.
    The full name of my D character is Dirkka Sherpa Jihad. He's a badass Dwarf.

    By Blogger Dr.Clawmonkey, at 22:27  

  • Yeah you guys made all the right turns to get to the boss but that doesn't mean that you didn't fight everything that I had planned for you to fight. MWAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!
    The power of being a DM can be quite intoxicating.

    By Blogger Jingo, at 17:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home